This is My Beloved Son, In Whom I am Well Pleased

The Boyd Family Sending Their Beloved Son, Brother, Grandson, Nephew, Cousin and Friend, Owen Boyd, To Be With Christ in the Kingdom of Heaven 

We just put our son, Owen, to rest, awaiting the Resurrection. 

Owen’s Official Obituary as Read by His Godfather at the Funeral

I keep going in a strange circle. Owen seems like he is still here. I keep thinking he's upstairs, and then I remember again, and then I have to struggle with it. I have a really hard time accepting this outcome. 

I know life is like this. Random. Not fair. Strange. But I really hate that I can't bargain or negotiate at all. 

It shows that I had a false sense of security and permanency, but that I was really just fooling myself. I am helpless. 

And yet…. While I am alive, I can do as much as possible to prepare for the inevitable. 

I'm comforted by Owen's own actions. The fact that he was prepared as much as a 15-year-old could be. He never thought he would die. But the love, generosity, kindness, joking, always giving a helping hand and a strong arm, always pointing people towards God and encouraging his friends to put their faith in Christ - those things last for eternity. 

Christ is risen from the dead. Because He is the first-fruits of those who sleep in Faith, we have hope for the future. May the Lord quickly return to rule and reign, bringing our beloved son back to us.











Comments

Popular Posts