Mysterion


There is a way to life

A way that seems a mystery

But when I watch the patterns swirl

It becomes clearer to me

That all things are winding down

That all things are winding up

That the end will come before the beginning

And that dryness will overflow the cup

 

I come home when I leave it

I understand when I know I don't

I love my life after I grieve it

I believe in truth after others won't

This is the way life tumbles

Through the dark and through the clear

To show me that the time I have

Is only here to give me awe and fear

 

And when the fear of losing all

Overflows my capacity to think

Then I look for something else

To snatch me up from off the brink

Then, in despair and in confusion

I first begin to see His light

And see that purpose is not in passion

Opposing what I first thought was right


+++


Bp. Joseph Boyd

(Ancient Church of the West)


Comments

Popular Posts